Renting fashion, or renting clothes instead of buying them, has become big business in recent years. So how did this trend come about and why is it so popular? Here’s an overview of how rental fashion has become a booming industry:
1. Sustainability: One of the biggest drivers behind the rise of rental fashion is the desire to be more environmentally friendly. Fast fashion, that is, the constant production and consumption of cheap, fashionable clothes, has a great impact on the environment due to the resources and pollution involved in the production process. Consumers can reduce their carbon footprint by renting clothes and contribute to a more sustainable fashion industry.
2. Profitability: Another reason rental fashion has become popular is that it can be more cost-effective than buying new clothes. With the rise of fast fashion, it’s easy to accumulate a closet full of clothes that we only wear a few times before they go out of style or wear out. By renting clothes, consumers can try on new styles and trends without committing to a full-price purchase.
3. Diversity: Fashion rentals also allow consumers to try on a wider variety of styles and brands than they could afford or justify buying. With rental companies such as My Wardrobe HQ, By Rotation and Hurr, customers can choose from a wide range of designer brands and styles and return them when they’re done. This can be especially appealing for special events or occasions where you want to wear something special but want to avoid investing in a full-price purchase. Even brands like H&M are jumping into it.
4. Convenience: Finally, rental fashion is convenient. With the rise of online shopping, ordering clothes and having them delivered to your doorstep is easy. And with rental companies, you can try on several things at once, keep the ones you like and send the rest back without ever leaving the house.
Overall, fashion rental has become big business due to its environmental benefits, cost-effectiveness, variety of styles and convenience. So next time you need a new outfit, consider renting rather than buying – your wallet (and the planet) will thank you!
In conclusion, rental fashion has become a booming industry in recent years due to its sustainability, cost-effectiveness, variety of styles and convenience. With companies like Rent the Runway, Le Tote and Nuuly, consumers can choose from a wide range of designer brands and styles and return them when they’re done, all without leaving their house. So why not try rental fashion the next time you need a new outfit? You’ll help the environment and your wallet, and you’ll also be able to dress like an adult! Just remember to return those clothes on time – you don’t want to pay a late fee (or worse, have to wear the same clothes twice).
Stop screwing around with the Planet Tee from Tiny Rescue: Climate Collection
Simple ways to help the planet:
- Eat less meat: download files Food monster, the largest plant-based recipe app in the App Store, helping to reduce your impact on the environment, save animals and be healthy. You can also purchase a hard copy or electronic copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce your fast fashion footprint: Take the lead by standing up to fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue who raise awareness of important issues through waste-free recycled clothing designed to be returned and remade again and again.
- Support for independent media: Public funding gives us a greater opportunity to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign the petition: Your vote matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list they must sign petitions help people, animals and the planet.
- Stay informed: Follow the latest news and important stories about animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health and topics of human interest by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do what you can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, ditch fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, save energy, compost and don’t forget the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!